CTN recommends a strong password policy. Passwords must meet the complexity requirements outlined below and must not be shared. Each member of your staff should change passwords with these conditions in mind:
- Include at least eight (8) characters.
- Choose words or phrases that cannot be easily guessed.
- Use a combination of at least one character from each of these types:
- English uppercase letters (A-Z)
- English lowercase letters (a-z)
- Base 10 digits (0-9)
- Non-alphanumeric (for example, ` ~ ! @ # $ % ^ & *)
Also note, it is wise to change a password every 90 days.