The best tactic for going into an interview is to know how to successfully answer the questions that are most expected. If you refer to the list below of the most commonly seen questions and answers, it will better prepare you to nail at least a portion of the questions you will get asked.
- Tell me about yourself.
- Summary of your work-related qualifications.
- Prepare a 1- Minute personal commercial with an overview of work you have done, your academic degree, and skills related to the job requirements.
- What are your salary requirements?
- “I don’t know enough about the job yet to respond. I’m sure you pay a competitive salary and I’m flexible. What is the range you’ve budgeted for this position?”
- What are your greatest strengths?
- Concrete tangible job skills and actual stories and examples of how you have used those skills.
- What are your weaknesses?
- Cite a trait that may have been a challenge in the past but which you have worked to overcome.
- What are your career goals?
- “I’d like to become increasingly valuable to your firm by consistently exceeding the performance standards and continually learning new skills”.
Again, use this cheat sheet to prepare for your next interview if you are not sure what to expect. Knowing the most common questions will give you more confidence to ace an interview. Look out for the part 2 blog to see the other most asked interview questions!
Source: IT News Library